samedi 1 mai 2010

Auberge du Sud - A Magical Journey in Sahara Desert

During my travel to Morocco I end up going to the desert. At the start, I wasn't about to go there but as soon as I got to Marrakech I end up changing my travel plans and headed south to Sahara Desert after I stayed a couple of days in Ouarzazate.

I stayed at this magnificent place called Auberge du Sud, locate right on the edge of the dunes and completely isolated from other houses - just desert.

Auberge du Sud, Hotel Merzouga Dunes in Morocco
Photo copyright from Auberge du Sud

My first difficulty was to get to Erg Chebbi dunes, but after I got a normal bus from Ouarzazate to Erfoud, someone from the hotel was waiting me up at the bus station. I called them when I got out of Ouarzazate in order for them to know when I arrived.

First contact the the guy driving a 4x4 was great, and he took me along off-road into the dunes. He had been buying groceries for the hotel in Erfoud market, so its was me, nice local Berber music, him - a very nice guy with little words in English, just French, and lots of bags and goods for the hotel.

As I arrived to the hotel its was fantastic, just orange dunes! Can you believe that sand here is just orange color?

I stayed in a room very well decorated and very exotic materials. Music in the evening is great to enjoy Sahara desert drum sounds, I recorded some of them on my cell-phone, I still can listen to it often.

I payed 25 Euros for a room - breakfast and diner included.

Auberge du Sud, Hotel Merzouga Dunes in Morocco
Photo copyright from Auberge du Sud

Auberge du Sud
  • Ras el Erg, Merzouga, Sahara, Morocco
  • +212.661602885 (Hamid) Hamid Noughou
  • +212.661216166 (Moha) Moha Noughou
  • +212.661934481 (Youness) Youness Noughou
  • aubergedusud@gmail.com
  • www.aubergedusud.com | Click here: Hotel Morocco

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire